Tuesday 3 May 2016

1950 Simca Gordini 1200

Simca Gordini, Montée Historique d'Epieds 2016
More photos of the Montee Historique d'Epieds coming soon.

Simca-Gordini, France. I think this has a motor and other components from a Simca 8 and it has Gordini on the grill  but it is unlike any other Simca-Gordini I have ever seen so I assume it is either a special or has been much modified (I am happy to be corrected).  It has turned up at a lot of events but I don't know its history.  Amédée Gordini, nicknamed Le Sorcier,  was a famous tuner and builder of racing cars who providing sporting interest to the Simca and Renault marques. Shortly after the war he built cars based on Simca-Fiat parts and in 1950 he made F1 and F2 single seaters and Le Mans sports cars based on Simcas but the relationshiop was to finish at the end of the 1951 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment